Friday, June 4, 2010

It can't be 2 in the morning

Finished Lois the Witch by Elizabeth Gaskell. What a depressing read, I had to read a graphic novel to get me out of the funk. It was a short book that focused on a young girl who went to live with relatives in New England right before the salem witch trials occured. This poor girl was abused in the way that nobody had kindness for her. She was such a nice character that it absolutely got to me when she was accused of witchcraft. Its one of those books that was good, but you want it to be different.

Read graphic novel #1 of Ouran High School Host club. I read the first two out of order, but it doesn't matter too much with the story line. They are a nice break, love the pictures.

Listened to audio book for a bit, Hunger Games. I really like that book, got through the first disc. I am a die hard peeta fan, if katniss knows whats good for her she will go for him.

Next book was Lydia by Clare Darcy. Talk about old school, but not. It wasn't really my kind of book. Whenever I got mushy parts it was cute. I am not really into the whole girl goes to big city, makes a splash in high society, strings men along, gets three marriage proposals at the end, thawrts brother from ruining his life and tames the untamable. It was ok, I wasn't in love with it.

Then I read Magic under glass by Jaclyn Dolamore. This one was entertaining, its about a girl in a magical world who falls in love with a machine. It had a little bit of a jane eyre esque feel to it in regards to a certain part. I kind of like it, the fairy/machine that you love and want!!!! I guess you could say it was like AI, except without the creepiness.......


Time, reading/blogging: 18 hours
Books read:8
Pages:1867

No comments:

Post a Comment