Saturday, June 5, 2010

Last few hours, two energy drinks left

We are coming down the home stretch. I am fighting sleep by walking around and energy drinks. My head is feeling a little fuzzy, which kind of detracts from reading, maybe I need to go outside again. Maybe I just need to slow down my reading, I feel like I have covered decent ground so far. I feel like in my last 9 hours and 30 minutes of reading I will read at a good pace and not overdo it. I won't push myself. Ok onto my last hours since I blogged.

I started off my new set of hours with The Agency by Y.S. Lee. Good book, a little predictable. I think the whole regency era woman spy thing is pretty cool. I liked the heroine. That is one of my biggest pet peeves, if I don't like the heroine then forget it, I will not like the book. With that said, the book centers on a girl who is an orphan sentenced to death on the gallows. She is given a second chance, given an education and then becomes a spy for an organization of spy women. It kind of leaves it open for more books. I would read the next one, it was not what I was expecting.

Then I read Past World by Ian Beck. I have to admit, I barely got through it. It was about the real London being destroyed and a fake one in its place. Its like colonial Williamsburg, but you could get mugged or even killed. I'm guessing the rate is low, but there is risk involved. I didn't find it that interesting, there were so many characters I didn't really get attached to any of them. Needless to say I got through it as soon as possible.

In the graphic novel department I read the first one of Emma. Its about a maid called emma who is young, good looking and single. She catches the eye of a young Lord whose governess is now emma's employer. I thought it was cute. There are a lot of them, so its not going to get resolved any time soon.

This next book got me excited about reading!!!!!!!!!! A Posse of Princesses by Sherwood Smith. I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!! I absolutely loved the heroine!!!!!!!!! I loved the guy she falls in love with!!!!!!! The plot was very original and so much fun to read!!!!!! I am going to force my sister to read it because it is right up her alley, she will love me for getting her to read this book. I want to read it again actually, that is how much I loved it. Its blue castle good!!!! It is a true rarity, very few books these days gets me this excited. In the beginning it was kind of hard to get into, but once I got used to the make believe words, it was awesome. I was hooked after the second chapter.

Ok, I can do this. I need to say a good long prayer for this last part. I have never stayed up this much in my life in a row. I can barely do 24 hours. Its a miracle I have gotten this far. MIRACLE. Remembering all my other blog posts kind of makes me teary eyed, I kind of miss it already. I have had so much fun!!!!!!! THE NIGHT IS STILL YOUNG!!!!!!

Hours: 38.5
Books:15
Pages: 3914

No comments:

Post a Comment