Saturday, June 4, 2011

20 hours and losing thine mind

The first night is the easiest.......the second night is the worst, which is why I have waited to use all my energy drinks until that time. Since my last blog I have four books under my belt, its not very impressive, but it is what it is. I must say I have had better luck with the books this time around.

I ready A Bird in Hand by Allison Lane, it was a romantic regency book. Purely hog washery, an easy read for a person whose mind is liable to crack under intense pressure. There was nothing terribly refined about it, just a bunch of nobles making fools of themselves while finding mates for life. I laughed my way through half of it.

The next was Black Butler 4, just a continuation of a graphic novel series that I am sold on. I love the series and I can't wait to read the next one. Its really funny while playing on the darker side of storytelling.

Then I read The False Princess, I have to throw in a bunch of fantasy when I read and this is no exception. Its about a girl who was the princess and then was found out to be a decoy and was replaced. To make a long story short she finds out who she must become for the sake of herself and the kingdom. I really liked the book, found the characters easy to adhere in such a way to make it pleasant.

For the fourth I read Swept off her feet by Hester Browne and I was duly impressed. I did not think the novel would amount to much, but I did enjoy the book as a whole set in modern times. The main character was a little in clouds for most of the book, but that is why I liked her.

Books:7
Pages:2008

1 comment:

  1. I really loved The False Princess -- I should get around to actually reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete