Saturday, June 4, 2011

There are 7 and a half hours left

I am determined to carry out the rest of my time!!!!!! I have three energy drinks, a ton of books I may still indulge and I just need to pick what I want to read, oh joy. This year has been better than the last, I can say this with some boldness. The books have been better, we added another person reading with us and its been more fun. We have done a few things a little differently, but that does not mean that its bad.

After starting two other books and dropping them I read Poison Study by Maria Snyder. Its about a girl in a medieval type society that is advanced at the same time. She is condemned to death, but gets a second chance by becoming a food taster which is a risk in and of itself. Her journey brings her to learning more than she had before and bringing her some hope for her future. I loved the herione, she was cool, confidant and would not give up. Too often in literature I fail to see that occur, the shaping of a character that is not vapid and selfish.

Next I read Just One Wish by Janette Rallison, this was a very easy read in that it was a simple story about a girl who will go to great lengths to make a wish come true for her brother. While her actions are questionable and disruptive, her main goal is to do this for her terminally sibling. She gets a hot boyfriend out of the catastrophe, so not realistic.

Then I read Kiss the Girls by James Patterson, I had never read one of his novels before so it was nice to see what all the fuss is about. I mean good grief he has numerous novels and the book stores are riddled with them. All in all it was a good thriller, much like the movie. Just going to show you one more time that human beings can be sick.

Books:16
Pages:3973

1 comment:

  1. It's truly impressive the number of books you've finished! Good luck in the final hours of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete